|iGetter 1.8 for MacOS and MacOS X
||04/04/02 03:04 AM
|Presenta Ltd. announces iGetter 1.8
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 04, 2002 - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter Download Manager version 1.8 for MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x and MacOS X.
iGetter is a download utility with many useful functions such as resuming broken downloads, segmented (accelerated) downloading, Internet browsers integration, queue filtering by various criteria, file mirrors support for additional acceleration, cookies support, processing web page links, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, reconnecting modems, hang up and shut down when the downloads are done.
New In Version 1.8
iGetter 1.8 contains a number of enhancements and improvements over version 1.7. Most notably are:
- A new Speed Limit function. This feature will allow you to download files with iGetter and still use your web browser without loss of performance.
- New improved interface in the MacOS X version.
- iGetter for OS X now shows the average download speed on the Dock icon.
- On MacOS X you can easily control iGetter while it's hidden with the Dock control menu.
Main Features of iGetter:
- iGetter resumes broken downloads, checking date and size.
- iGetter supports Segmented (Accelerated) downloading. This basic feature of iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads.
- iGetter supports searching of file mirrors for additional acceleration of downloads.
- iGetter analyzes every server response to prevent damage to your file downloads.
- iGetter integrates with Internet Explorer (4+, 5+) and iCab (2+) through a contextual menu for hyperlinks (only in the version for MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x).
- iGetter integrates with Internet Browsers by monitoring clicks of hyperlinks (using the browser plugins technology).
- iGetter supports browser cookies. Now you can download from servers that require cookies from your computer like MP3.com or other services.
- iGetter supports the drag and drop technology and with its Target Icon you can easily download any dragable link or file with an Internet location.
- iGetter supports monitoring of your clipboard for Internet addresses.
- iGetter can process all web page links for downloading in the queue.
- iGetter lets you organize your file downloads with different priorities, and automatically downloads them.
- iGetter includes three types of queue filters that automatically show downloads in accordance with various criteria.
- iGetter supports multiple selections in the queue to perform group operations over file downloads.
- With iGetter you can easily control every download job. You can start, pause or let iGetter automatically download your files.
- iGetter includes a useful Search function. With this function iGetter users have a fast and convenient way to search for software files or MP3s in the iGetter Search Center (a convenient service provided by iGetter.net).
- Its user-friendly interface offers you convenience and ease-of-use as you begin to download with iGetter.
- iGetter autodetects your connection to the Internet. It can automatically reconnect a PPP connection until all pending downloads are done.
- iGetter can schedule your downloads for low traffic periods.
- iGetter can Hang Up the PPP connection and Shut down the computer when all files in the queue are finished.
- iGetter lets you use a virus scanner program that you have on your computer to auto-scan downloaded files.
- iGetter has a full multithreaded engine and can simultaneously download all files.
- iGetter supports both standard Apple Remote Access and third party PPP utilities.
- iGetter supports Internet Config. (Internet config allows central Internet configuration for all applications, including iGetter.)
- iGetter supports HTTP and FTP Proxies, and Socks Firewalls (4, 4a, 5).
- iGetter supports standard URL suite for AppleScript and is fully scriptable.
- iGetter is developed using C/C++ with Metrowerks development tools, which has resulted in an efficient, and responsive program.
- Apple computer with PowerPC processor
- MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x OR MacOS X v10.1 or later
- OpenTransport 1.1 or later
Pricing and Availability
iGetter 1.8 is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 1.x versions.
A Single User License for iGetter is $25. A Home & Work (Desktop & Mobile) two-license pack is $35. Site Licenses are also available at a discount. For further information on Site License discounts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The new version 1.8 of iGetter is available immediately for download from: http://www.iGetter.net/downloads.html.
For more information about iGetter visit its web site at: http://www.iGetter.net/.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 ]